business directory

St Carthage's Primary School
Thumb image

St Carthage's Primary School

2 Dawson Street, Lismore
(02) 6621 5529
greenh_l@yahoo.com.au
www.stcarthlism.catholic.edu.au/

St Carthage’s Parish School, a Catholic systemic school of the Lismore Diocese, was established in 1886 by the Presentation Sisters (from Ireland) to cater for the needs of the Catholic children of Lismore. The Marist Brothers have been involved from 1911 – 1996. The school was originally built on the flood plains but in 1954 was moved to higher ground, the current school site. The school is part of the St Carthage’s Cathedral Parish, Father Nicolas Maurice being the Parish Administrator, Father Roland the School Chaplain, and Geoff Costello the Parish Manager. With an enrolment of 650, St Carthage’s School is the largest Primary School in the Lismore Diocese. The Principal is Mrs Janelle Heffernan.

Lismore & Nimbin Tourism Logo